Wednesday 15 October 2008

jason mraz- im yours

the sky is sweet baby blue today. kids' laughter fills the air; sometimes i can hear they scream in their wild thoughts of rainbowish high-up-in-the-sky wishes, with their bare hands wide open and chins held up high with cheeky smiles on their faces. they are giving signs to the world that they aren't prudent, and that they will stroll straight into you, with innocence and abrupt clumsiness. and for the most part, they don't even care. that's how sincere they are.

my body follows the bus inertia to the right when it corners at a junction, thus i adjust my butt so that i can sit more comfortably and dont have to worry that i might lose my balance and fall. and that bothers me. from the window i take a look outside with my right hand holding my face. i can see flowers adjacent the street and all over the vast green field. and as i think of their pretty colours, i try to hold my thought to just there; and refused to go much further even though i can. humans always find ways to complicate things, and boast about them. thinking about it makes me feel like vomiting; it brings me back to those times when i dont even recall my own self.

the spoon that was clean is now has smudges of chocolate on it. i take another scoop of the coffee cake and smother them inside my mouth. mama is doing the same. 'go and see if there's something else you like. emm, its cheesecake looks good', she says, adjusting her seat and having some more scoops of the cake. i like coffee cakes; they are not too sweet, they have a tangible unmistakable scent, and they go very well with chocolate and strawberry toppings. mama enjoys hers so much too; i look at her and smile cheekily when she says 'what?' i take a napkin and pat it onto the side of her mouth, where some chocolate look so different from her fair skin. she laughs as well.

so it has been true all along. even if it's not, there's nothing i can do about it. i love you so much i dont even know how to hate you. but because you really has been loving me all along, i guess no matter how much i try i cant love you back more than you can ever love me. 'cause i'm not as brave as you. i wonder from where do you get the strength to love me- like holding a kite with a nanothin string on a windy day which pulls it even more further against the gravity. but you keep holding on and never let go- are you mad? have you lost your mind?

i guess you are like those kids. those kids who never actually care about falling and getting some little cuts. or maybe even big cuts. and with you are the times when i feel that i can be one again; a kid who always smile and has no wrinkles and sleep soundly every night.

look above, my prince- the sky is ours now : )

2 comments:

Nalajas said...

i always love ur metaphors. always make sense, meaningful and DEEP :) and yes, ive tagged u in my blog sayangku!!!

akira said...

:)